Filipino Salt Baked Crispy Pork Belly with tangy cider vinegar dip
Get ready to cook
1. Rub Lemongrass Sambal Paste on the flesh sides of the pork belly (taking care to avoid the skin). Place in a tray skin up; put in the refrigerator uncovered to marinate overnight.
2. Preheat fan oven to 180°C. Prepare a roasting pan with a rack. Pour water into the pan. Place the belly on the rack, skin up. Pat the skin dry with paper towel.
3. Pour salt on the skin to form an even layer, ensuring none of the skin is visible especially at the edges. The salt will form a protective crust during cooking.
4. Roast for 40mins. Remove the belly from the oven and raise the temperature to 240°C. Pull off the salt crust to discard.
5. Return the pork belly to the oven and roast for another 40mins. Remove from oven and rest for 10mins.
6. In a bowl, mix dressing ingredients together. Serve with sliced pork belly and white rice.
5 pound piece of pork belly (appx 2.3kg), skin on
1 cup table salt (approx. 200g)
1 cup water
150g sweet chilli sauce
50g cider vinegar
1/2 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander