Waste-to-Wonder Veg Peel Pakoras
Get ready to cook
1. In a bowl, make the dip by mixing 150g Cuban Chimichurri with yoghurt; keep in chiller.
2. In a large bowl, add vegetable peels, white onion, gram flour, cumin seeds, 75ml water and 225g Cuban Chimichurri. Mix well and let the mixture rest for 10-15 mins.
3. In the meantime, heat up a deep fryer to 180°C.
4. Using two tablespoons, form the mixture into a little ball and slip carefully into the oil. Working in batches, fry each batch for 5-6 mins, turning halfway or until pakoras are crispy and golden.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove pakoras and drain on kitchen paper. Garnish and serve with dip.
375g Street Food Cuban Chimichurri
625g vegetable peels, finely chopped (we used a mix of carrot, parsnip and potato peels)
625g white onion, finely chopped
300g gram flour
2 Tbsp whole cumin seeds
300g plant-based yoghurt (we used coconut)
Optional: Chopped mint, to garnish