Vietnamese Scotch Egg with Lemongrass Mayo
Get ready to cook
1. Boil and carefully shell 6 hard boiled eggs.
2. In a bowl, mix pork with Lemongrass Sambal Paste and chopped mint. Divide into 6 equal portions and flatten each portion into a circle. Place an egg in the middle and encase the egg in the mince.
3. Place flour, breadcrumbs and beaten eggs in 3 separate bowls. Dust each encased egg in flour, brush with beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
4. Deep fry each egg for 4-6mins or until golden and cooked. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. For dip, mix Lemongrass Sambal Paste with mayo. Serve scotch eggs with dip.
6 large eggs
2 large eggs, beaten
500g pork mince
15g chopped mint
50g plain flour
60g mayonnaise (OR sweet chilli sauce)
Photo Credit: wooton King - creative commons