Cauliflower-Coconut Buffalo Wings with a Cooling Chimichurri-Dill Dip (Vegan)
Dirty Vegan Food – epic coconut milk battered cauliflower wings dipped in chimichurri-dill yoghurt! Inspired by a vegan street food barbecue we ate at whilst exploring Hawker House in southeast London.
// Get ready to cook:
1. Line a baking tray with parchment and preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
2. Prepare the batter by combining 1 Tbsp (15g) Mozambican Coconut Piri Piri, 1 Tbsp oil, flour and coconut milk in a bowl; whisk until smooth. Toss the cauliflower florets in the batter to evenly coat. Arrange in a single layer on the tray and bake for 20 mins.
3. In the meantime, prepare the glaze in a bowl by combining 3 Tbsp (45g) Mozambican Coconut Piri Piri with 1 Tbsp oil. When ready, remove cauliflower from the oven and toss in the glaze. Raise oven temperature to 200°C and return to bake for 10 mins to crisp up. Shield with a piece of foil if cauliflower is browning too much.
4. Prepare the dip by combining Cuban Chimichurri with yoghurt and dill in a bowl. Chill in the fridge.
5. To plate up, serve “wings” with dip and sweet potato fries.
50g all-purpose flour
60g Mozambican Coconut Piri Piri
100ml tinned coconut milk (or other plant-based milk)
½ head of large cauliflower, cut into florets (approx. 300g)
2 Tbsp oil
15g Cuban Chimichurri
80g vegan coconut yoghurt
5g chopped dill
Share this recipe with other Foodies
Mozambican Coconut Piri Piri
Mozambican Coconut Piri Piri captures the essence of Mozambique, an East African coastal nation, whose culinary culture has also been influenced by its Portuguese colonial past. It is inspired by the iconic Piri Piri restaurant in Maputo city, a simple unpretentious eatery which has served locals its signature grilled piri piri chicken for decades.
About this dish:
Cooking Equipment: Baking Tray, Oven
Make It Your Own: Pump up the veg party by throwing some broccoli into the mix!